The customer is one of largest E&P Company in Africa for oil pipelines with branch offices spread across wide geographical area.
They were operating with their parent company and were using their infrastructure for server/storage/network. Now, they decided to setup their own infrastructure and conduct separate operations completely. This demanded immaculate planning and execution as they can’t afford long downtime and day-to-day operations must not affect. The total downtime must be minimized near to zero.
The team was very clear that they want best and future proof solution for the organization which can serve them in most demanding time and scale as required. They trusted CI INFOTECH completely and gave us complete freedom for solution design
Previously the customer was using infrastructure from its parent company. The challenge was to deploy the new IT infrastructure and perform the required separations with absolute minimum disruption. There were lots of restrictions and compliance which needs to be maintained and followed. The scope was to cover:
- Network separation including remote sites
- Infrastructure setup, e.g. Server & SAN Storage Setup, VMware Virtualization, Active Directory, MS Exchange Mailing, Antivirus Server, Backup server, Patch management, Firewall, Network management System etc
Considering the above requirement, a solution was conceived with consultation of HPE solution team as below:
- HPE Blade DL 360 G9 servers
- HP 3PAR SAN Storage
- HP MSL Tape library with HP Data Protector for backup
- Firewall, Core Switch and Load Balancer with Network Management system for centralized management and reporting
- VMware ESXi 6.x for virtualization
- Cisco Routers
- Active Directory with DHCP failover
- MS Exchange 2016 with HA and load balancing
- Symantec Endpoint Antivirus System
VMware ESXi 6.0 was deployed with VMware vCenter for centralized management. MS Active directory with DHCP failover was deployed in cluster with MS Exchange DAG cluster across virtualized physical servers. Redundant load balancers were put in front of mail servers for even load distribution and high availability. The various components were put in redundant mode. The entire network was designed with redundant devices. All the email accounts as per their exiting setting were created in new system. Group policies were deployed for complex password and patching.
WSUS was setup for centralized patch management for Microsoft products. HP Data protector backup was installed and policies with automated backup schedule were created with email integration for reporting.
This resulted in a very rigid and flexible solution in place. Their team was very happy with the solution and C I Infotech’s implementation skills, proactive support and Service.
“We are very happy and satisfied with outcome and professional approach of CI Infotech team in delivering the project timely and within budget.”