Messaging Solution implementation for Government Body
The customer is Export Development Authority with branch offices spread across wide geographical area. They wanted to implement industry standard best messaging solution in terms of MS Active Directory domain and messaging solution
As customer was already using a mailing solution and was not happy with same. They want to host a centralized messaging solution which can server their branch offices as well. Other pain areas of customer were security issues in terms of non-strong passwords.
Considering the above requirement, we proposed MS Exchange 2007 for optimum performance with maximum uptime and availability on top of Windows 2008 Active directory infrastructure. A new active directory infrastructure keeping best practices in terms of password/Age and complexity got implemented.
- Organization wide strong password policy
- Exchange 64-bit edition ensured enough scalability in terms of RAM supported
- Windows 2008 based server ensure rock solid based for exchange
- Centralized branch office messaging ensured uniform platform as compared to earlier separate ISP based mail IDs.
- Better performance and user experience
- Centralized backup of MS exchange database
SERVER & STORAGE MIGRATION FOR AN AUTOMOBILE ORGANIZATION
The customer is one of the top automobile/engineering organization with presence all over India & abroad. They were running customized ERP application with SQL 2000 as database and feeding almost 40 branch offices across.
Customer was facing problem in terms of performance (using homegrown ERP which is CPU & memory intensive) & resource bottleneck in terms of CPU speed/memory & storage space as his data was pilling up and grown drastically in last couple of years.
Considering the above requirement, we recommended true 64 bit HP integrity servers in clustering using MS windows 2003 enterprise along with SAN storage system HP EVA 4400 and backup drive HP MSL 6030 tape library with two LTO3 drives. The servers & storage was connected using redundant FC SAN switches in no single point of failure configuration.
- 64 bit architecture ensures maximum scalability with in the box
- EPIC technology based HP Itanium server gives performance boost (report which used to take 16-20 hrs on earlier Xeon servers reduced to 4 hrs.)
- MS SQL clustering ensures high availability of database
- Proposed backup solution used Fiber channel path (LAN free) for data movement which resulted in reduced back up window
- Unique virtual RAID features of HP EVA SAN storage resulted in optimized storage performance.
Antivirus/messaging & ADC implementation for Leading food chain restaurant
The customer is a leading food chain organization with branch offices spread across wide geographical area. They wanted to implement industry standard best practices in terms of domain/ antivirus & messaging solution.
As customer was already using some mail & antivirus solution but not getting optimum performance and wanted to implement worldwide accepted solution for antivirus/messaging & backup. Other pain areas of customer was security issues in terms of non-strong passwords/ no backup policies was in place for critical IT infrastructure/ nonexistencE of centralized antivirus solution/firewall due to which performance of IT Dept. was on stake.
Considering the above requirement, we proposed MS Exchange 2007 Enterprise edition in clustering for optimum performance with maximum uptime and availability. A new active directory infrastructure keeping best practices in terms of password/Age and complexity got implemented.
In order to provide virus free network we suggested Symantec endpoint protection along with watch guard UTM appliance.
For backup solution we proposed HP Data protector for online backup of Ms Exchange & SQL server
- Organization wide strong password policy
- Exchange clustering ensure availability of mails with minimum downtime
- Provide secure network to users from outside intrusion
- Centralized managing & monitoring of clients in terms of virus infection & virus removal definition.
- Online backup of MS exchange & SQL database ensures data availability without downtime
- Backup automation through scheduling option provided by HP Data protector software
Server Solution implementation for Leading Cement and Sugar Manufacturer
The customer is leading Cement and Sugar Manufacturer in India with presence across entire country. They want to have a redundant solution for their Sugar plant which was in an outskirt area.
Customer was already using an customize application with Oracle database as backend. They were running the same on desktop PCs which resulted in frequent failures. Also there was no proper link with corporate office. They wanted to stabilize the same as due to outage of ERP there used to be a long queue of angry villagers and some times that resulted in argument between company employees and them.
We proposed and installed HP Proliant 360 G5 server for running the application and Oracle database. Due to lack of high availability support in customize application, a standby server with exact same hardware as production were provided at site. The office was linked with corporate office with lease line and additional domain controller with additional exchange server for corporate mailing solution.
- HP Proliant server with redundant components resulted in optimal uptime
- The unit was connected with corporate LAN for data sharing
- On site additional domain controller with exchange server resulted in no effect on local users even during link down
- More peace of mind
- The standby server can be used in case of some critical component down during the time a replacement is received from OEM
Antivirus Solution implementation for An International School
The customer is international school with worldwide presence. They wanted to implement industry standard best antivirus solution.
Customer was already using an antivirus solution and was not happy with same. They want to host a centralized antivirus solution which can serve their students with faculty offices. Other pain areas of customer was that students use to copy data from school in their PEN drives and when they used the same in their home PCs it was shown infected with virus. The IT manager was used to receive lots of complaint from angry parents for same.
Considering the above requirement, we proposed Symantec End Point protection solution. This next generation antivirus which combines protection against viruses, intrusion prevention, device control and advance firewall in single product.